Яндекс.Метрика ВНИМАНИЕ - СПОЙЛЕРЫ!!! Brandon's Q&A sessions

Цитадель Детей Света. Возрождённая

Цитадель Детей Света. Возрождённая

Новости:

Если у вас не получается зайти на форум или восстановить свой пароль, пишите на team@wheeloftime.ru

ВНИМАНИЕ - СПОЙЛЕРЫ!!! Brandon's Q&A sessions

Автор Shaidar_Haran_v.3.0, 15 ноября 2009, 01:08

« назад - далее »

Shaidar_Haran_v.3.0

В этой теме размещены ответы БС по последней книге.
Если не хотите испортить себе впечатление от прочтения книги
-
НЕ ОТКРЫВАЙТЕ тэг [СПОЙЛЕР]
и СРОЧНО покиньте тему.

В ответах есть информация не только по TGS, но большинство ответов именно по ней, поэтому размещаю все в спойлерной теме. Часть вопросов/ответов уже была опубликована ранее (в соседней теме), но тут все более систематизировано.

Q: What's the status of the WoT movie?

A: Universal has bought the rights for it, and they're in the process of writing a script.  Maria is the official contact point for making sure they get the details right.  Brandon is plenty busy writing, so he hasn't been involved.

Q: Is there a WoT MMORPG coming out?

A: Red Eagle has the right to create WoT video games, and they're working on some.

Q: Were you surprised when you found out who killed Asmodean?

A: Brandon had been a fan for a long time before he got to find out who killed Asmodean.  He said that he had heard arguments for every possible suspect, including the really crazy ones like Tam.  So when he found out the real answer, he wasn't shocked.  His reaction was more "Oh, those guys were right".  He said that the clues are there, but he never would have figured it out himself.

Q: Was Taim turned by a circle of thirteen?

A: RAFO.  I will say that he was never a very nice guy.

Q: Slayer made a gateway in Far Madding when he tried to kill Rand and Min.  Does this mean he uses the True Power to make his gateways?

A: Slayer does not channel.  His powers come from somewhere other than the Source.  Slayer is not affected by the Guardian in much the same way that Perrin wouldn't be.

Спойлер

The change in Mat's personality that many of us noticed in TGS was deliberate.  He's reacting to being married, which was the last thing he thought would happen to him.  RJ's notes said specifically that "Mat refuses to become husbandly", and he's doing that by trying to go back how he was in TDR.  This is part of where the silliness with the backstories comes from – he knows that he was less serious and more of a joker at the time, but can't really get back to how he was then.

When he was writing Talmanes, Maria mentioned that Talmanes doesn't usually mock Mat in the earlier books.  Brandon said that he has always read Talmanes that way, and that's what he finds so funny about it – Mat doesn't realize he's being teased.

Q: Do the Seanchan consider the raid on the White Tower a success?

A: Yes, they consider it a success, but they're disappointed that they didn't get their hands on the Aes Sedai superweapon.

Q: Will Moiraine be rescued in the next book?

A: You're assuming that Moiraine will be rescued.

Q: Will Moiraine's rescue attempt be in the next book?

A: You're assuming that Thom and Mat will attempt to rescue Moiraine.  (I'll tell you, he's as bad as an Aes Sedai.)

Q: What will be the focus of the next book?

A: This book really needed to focus on Egwene and Rand, and get their stories moving.  There was also a nice contrast between their arcs in this book, with Egwene's going upwards and Rand's downward.  The next book will be much broader in scope – we need to see what's going on with a lot of different parts of the story.  There will be a lot more Mat and Perrin than in this one.  I suppose you could say that if there was going to be a rescue attempt, the logic place to put it would be in a book with a lot of Mat .

Q: Will we see what's going on at the Black Tower?

A: We'll see whether that fits in or not.

Q: Will Fain be in the next book?

A: Padan Fain will be seen again.  He's a mixture of two things – Mordeth's power, which he got by seeking out all of the evil things that weren't related to the Shadow, and the Dark One's Hound.  Brandon said that Fain's number one goal is to kill Rand, and a close second is to kill the Dark One.  Now that Shadar Logoth has been destroyed, all of the Mordeth power that remains in the world is in Fain.

Q: It's pretty clear now that Moridin and Rand are linked because of the balefire incident.  Since Rand used saidin to create the balefire, and now he gets sick when channeling saidin, does that mean Moridin gets sick when he tries to use the True Power?

A: You're assuming that Rand's channeling sickness comes from crossing the streams.

Q: After Rand has channeled the True Power, he has a dark cloud around him.  When he meets with Tuon after this, she manages to resist his ta'veren pull.  Is this because the True Power has reduced his ta'veren mojo?

A: The reason she manages to resist is that she has a lot of willpower.  Rand is just as ta'veren as ever.

Q: How about the food going bad in Bandar Eban?  Was that caused by Rand being nearby with his cloud of evil?

A: We've heard earlier in the books that the Dragon is one with the land, and the land is one with the Dragon.  This is an old belief – many kingdoms believed that the wellness of the King was directly tied to the wellness of the land.  In WoT, this is quite literally true.

Q: In Falme we saw Rand fighting Ishamael and the Heroes of the Horn and the Seanchan were mirroring the progress of the battle.  Does this mean that there is something inherently evil about the Seanchan Empire?

A: Nobody in WoT is inherently evil, except for Shadowspawn.  At the time, the Seanchan were being led by a Darkfriend.

Q: Was the Domination Band made of cuendillar?

A: The original one is made of cuendillar.  The one that was destroyed was a copy, but one would assume that the copies are made of cuendillar too.  The True Power works by destroying the Pattern.  Everything that is done with it involves damage to the Pattern.  For example, when we see Ishamael Travel, he does so by poking a hole in the Pattern.  Cuendillar can be destroyed using the True Power.  There is another way to destroy cuendillar, too.

Q: Is Mesaana still in the Tower?

A: Egwene makes some deductions about this at the end of the book.  Egwene is not incorrect.

Q: She could swear that she's not a Darkfriend on the Oath Rod, right?

A: As long as she believed it to be true.  Every remaining Aes Sedai in the Tower has retaken the three oaths.  You should be thinking about ways to defeat the Oath Rod.  There is a way to do it.

Q: At the darkfriend social, Carridin is given orders by Ishamael that he can't remember.  Later on in Ebou Dar, he sees Mat out the window and he sort of goes into a trance, sees more imagery, and when he snaps out of it, time is stopped and Sammael is in the room.  How did this happen?  Was Sammael paged somehow when Carridin's orders were triggered?

A: MAFO – Maria and find out.  This means he will answer the question, but he wants to check with Maria first to make sure he has the details straight.

Q: After Moiraine uses balefire on the Darkhounds in TDR, she says something about how she's much more dangerous now than when she met Perrin in Emond's Field.  How did she become more dangerous?

A: There are a couple of ways she might mean that she has become more dangerous.  Think about this – when she went to Emond's Field, she thought Rand was the Dragon.  Now she knows that he's the Dragon.  That in itself, combined with the fact that she's Blue makes her much more dangerous.
[свернуть]

И еще подборка вопросов-ответов со встреч с читателями, разделенных по темам:

Спойлер

Metaphyics of the Wheel

1. Question -   Would the True Source beat the True Power?

1. Answer -   Okay. My gut instinct is going to say, yes. My gut instinct says yes, but that is not coming from the notes. If I was actually going to have to write it out I would have to go to Charleston and I would have to look in the notes but from what I've read I'd say yes. But that is not canon because I'm not remembering specifically, does that make sense? I'll tell you if it's canon or it isn't, but that one is just my instinct.

2. Question -   Has anyone ever had the same ability as Min? And do you know how it is caused or how the ability works?

2. Answer -   The ability works quite explicitly from her being able to see glimmers in the Pattern. She is seeing what is being woven in the future and that is how most of the Foretelling powers work. He was actually pretty explicit in the notes about that. Though some of them of course, there are ones that are strict, meaning they see the Pattern, some of them you see how the Pattern might be. She sees the Pattern as it will be. Has anyone ever had it before? Yeah, from what I read it never said it explicitly, but it implied that this is a power that could exist again and has existed before, but there are no lists of anyone that's had it before. It's definitely open that somebody could have had it before, but he doesn't actually say specificially.

•   Brandon explained that the True Power can only be used by someone that the Dark One has allowed to use it.
•   The True Power is perhaps more powerful then the One Power in the way a drugged up person is more powerful then someone not drugged up. In the moment the drugged up person may be, but in the long run maybe not.
•   Further explaining the True Power he said the guardian in Far Madding cannot stop it.

Characters

1. Question -   How extensive were RJ's notes about Lews Therin?

1. Answer -   His notes about Lews Therin, I would say are about middle extensive, comparatively of different things that he has notes on. Les than some, more than others. They were extensive enough that I know enough things you don't know to make me excited, but not so extensive that you know, you are ever going to see a book about Lews Therin or anything like that.

2. Question -   As a followup question, are the notes about Lews Therin the same notes about the voice of Lews Therin's?

2. Answer -  You know I think that's enough of a spoiler because there is still confusion or not confusion, wondering from people whether or not Lews Therin is the voice, I mean, of course Semirhage said that it is... Robert Jordan never really made that explicit himself. What I think and what you think may be different and so we'll just leave it. There are things about this in the book.

3. Question -  Is Mat's humor changing?

3. Answer -  His world turned upside down. Usually, he's the guy who leaves, he doesn't know how to handle someone he loves leaving him.

4. Question - If you could kill one character gruesomely (with out regard to plot) who would it be?

4. Answer – Cadsuane

•   Another asked him, considering how the TGS ends, if he will miss writing in Lews Therin voice, Brandon said probably, but he was not 100% sure that we will not see Lews Therin voice again.
•   Hopefully we'll get to see more of Pevara being awesome, but that could possibly appear in a novella on Brandon's web page that will fill in some missing holes. But no promises!

The Forsaken

1. Question -  Has Mesaana's alter ego been seen yet "on stage"?

1. Answer -  "I'm afraid I'm going to have to RAFO [read and find out] that." Any yes/no would set all the fans, especially on the message boards and fans into figuring it out by process of elimination. The crowd pressed him for hints, and he did confirm that she is still in the White Tower. This statement was met with speculative "oohhh"'s and pensive looks as new theories were born then and there.

General Wheel Information

1. Question -   Will we see the Land of Madmen in any of the last books?

1. Answer -   RAFO.

2. Question -  What are the new chapter symbols?

2. Answer -  Harriet names the chapters actually, so she sent over a list of all symbols and chapter, and wanted me to pick out symbols to go with the chapters, BS pushed for new symbols. He wanted a symbol to show the pattern unfurling. So that's what you get with chapter. Also Brandon chose Perrin's black smith puzzle for his own symbol on the author page

The Prequels and Outriggers

1. Question -  What is the setup for the prequels?

1. Answer -  Brandon responded that he is not sure, He states that he doesn't want it to be an eternal series, and suggests being very careful. He will go with whatever is the will of Harriet. Also possible to do outriggers, again depends on Harriet. There is a chance of both, Tom Doherty wants them both, so in the end it will be up to Harriet and BS will go along with whatever she wants and decides on.

2. Question -   After Knife of Dreams came out, Robert Jordan had said he was writing two more prequels...will you [Brandon] do them and what's the status on them now?

2. Answer -   There are notes for two prequels, one based around Tam's story, and the other about Moiraine and Lan before they went to the Two Rivers. There are also notes for three additional books, Outriggers, which take place in the Wheel of Time world. Brandon equates being handed the Wheel of Time series with being handed the One Ring – the longer you hold onto it, the harder it gets to let go. He doesn't want to ruin Robert Jordan's world; Robert Jordan and the series deserve to be allowed to rest. However, Tom Doherty wants them to be written, though the decision is ultimately up to Harriet – if she decides they should be written, he'll do it, but his gut says 'no', they won't be. At this, he was met with an "aaawwww!" from the fans, and nodding, he said that it is with a heavy heart but he feels it would be best. The last he heard, Harriet was leaning towards 'no'. If he does write them though, he feels there should be no more after this, "it would be nice to have a will" so no more can be made. He admitted that this is a half answer, but concluded with "Robert Jordan's legacy is more important."

The Aes Sedai

1. Question -  Since you are Brown Ajah, will we learn more about the 12 (13) Depositories in the White Tower?

1. Answer -   They are mentioned in "The Gathering Storm".

2. Question -   Will any previously unknown Black Ajah members be revealed?

2. Answer -   Yes there will be Black Ajah members revealed in The Gathering Storm.

The Glorious Attempt – Asmodean/Graendal and Balefire.

Luckers Comment: This here is why I'm secretly in love with Tamyrlin.

Matt- Question: Did Robert Jordan leave a power to time comparison, as to how much time is burned back on a thread using balefire. Is there a calculation that says x amount of power will burn back x amount of time on a thread?

Brandon: M.Answer - F.O – Maria and Find Out. What he did leave, he left a lot of stuff, there is discussion of these things in the notes. I need to look and see if there is an actual equation. He was very focused on strength of the power and things like that. He has probably told you before, I think I've seen a copy of that on notes and things. He did leave scales on exactly how powerful each person is...

Matt – Question: The Choedan Kal, does it amplify your power? Is it a limited, for example, if I have a certain amount of power does it give me 10x what I have, or is it a certain amount of power I can access?

Brandon: One of the things I've been doing when I answer questions is that I've been saying that this is my understanding and putting an asterisk at the bottom that is a – I am speaking from my understanding and not from specific knowledge from the notes, meaning yes I am probably right but these are the questions I could be wrong on...this one my understanding is that it is a reservoir of power. It is not necessarily a magnification. A very weak person with a very powerful sa'angreal is very powerful. I'm pretty sure on that one, but I will add the asterisk just in case. If you send me an email, I can go back and look to make sure. But I'm reasonably sure on that one, the reasons being things that are talked about in the notes mixed with the way an'greal and sa'angreal worked previously in the books mixed with two specific things that he talked about in the notes when people using an'greal and sa'angreal after they become very weak or after they are weak.

Matt – Question: We know that in the Age of Legends that the Forsaken/Chosen, everyone agreed to stop using Balefire because of its effects on the Pattern. Is it unrealistic then to say that a great amount of power could burn someone's thread back a year or six months. Is that an unrealistic thing to say that there is enough power available to either one or multiple people to burn somebody back that far?

Brandon: I see what you are getting at you are trying to figure out if Graendal was killed with a whole lot of balefire would it bring Asmodean back to life (Brandon had heard about this idea, which he mentions later).

Matt: ...like that could ever happen...

Brandon: That's what you are digging for isn't you?

Matt: Let's say, if a Forsaken was responsible for killing another Forsaken.

Brandon: Uh huh

Matt: And said Forsaken was balefired....

Brandon: You are under the assumption...You are trying to figure out who killed Asmodean again. That's what you are trying to do and I'm not going to get caught and let you know...

Matt: It's a legit question...and I'm sure whatever is said at this table stays at this table...

Brandon: I'm sure, the leader of Theoryland and the guy taping this...

~Much laughter from table~

Brandon: Let's divorce it. Rand balefires Rahvin as hardcore as he could and Rand is one of the most powerful people to live and he got us, what have you determined, from the lightning killing Mat until balefire killed Rahvin, I'd guess fifteen minutes.

Matt: Well, he at least got us fifteen minutes. We don't know how far back, we just know up to that moment.

Brandon: Well, we do know because if it had been too much further than that we would have noticed a lot of discrepancies in the Pattern from things he'd done...

Matt: Let's say thirty minutes to an hour, at the most

Brandon: Alright, thirty minutes to an hour. Okay, let's say the Choedan Kal amplifies his abilities 100 fold...let's say it's a 100 times more powerful than Rand. That's giving us, lets say he got an hour, we've got four days, from the most powerful, one of the most powerful sa'angreal ever created. I think it is unrealistic to assume you can get back a year, but that's not saying it is impossible. I think that if you did that to the Pattern the ramifications would be so dramatic you'd see the Pattern unraveling hardcore at that point, it's like balefiring an entire city. When I first read that guess I just laughed, I'm like guys c'mon lets run the math on this.

Matt: Like I said to Jennifer, it is my job at Theoryland to entertain these ideas.

Brandon: Yes it is, it is your job to entertain them. But in the terms of Mythbusters let's go ahead and call that one "Busted" in the realistic world. I've got to give you at least something, so I'll at least give you that...If it were possible to do things like that, we'd have the Dark One just going and balefiring you know Tam so Rand never gets picked up off the mountain....

Brandon Sanderson – Personal Comments and Questions

1. Question -   What was your reaction when you finished The Gathering Storm?

1. Answer -  It was an enormous sigh of relief, followed by a, how shoudl I say it, a curiousity what kinds of screams I would get when people read the last chapter of the book.

2. Question -   Why did you choose to be so open with your writing process?

2. Answer -   It's because when I was trying to break into this business and learn to be a writer, the whole process seemed opaque to me. And I think that's because I was doing it before the era of the Internet really hit and now that we have this opportunity I figure I'll throw it out there and maybe what I'm talking about will really help other writers who are aspiring. And also on the other end of it, it gets a little frustrating waiting for books to come out and you never know what's going to happen and you never know what's going on. I figure with the Internet we have such a great opportunity to keep people in the loop to let people know what's going on. We don't have to be so shadowed anymore, so I want to make as best use of it as I can.

3. Question -   If you could choose an Ajah, which Ajah would you choose?

3. Answer -  If there were Ajahs for guys, I would definitely be a Brown.

4. Question -   Do you have any books coming out between the next two Wheel of Time books?

4. Answer -  I have been working very hard on a book called "The Way of Kings" for about ten years now. It is the beginning of a large epic and I've always wanted to write one. I think it's almost ready. If the revisions work it will come out next fall. I don't think I will have one the year after that because the Wheel of Time is first priority. So, either between this one and the next one or between "The Towers of Midnight" and "A Memory of Light".

5. Question -  When asked about his favourite part of writing this series in specific

5. Answer -  "The Characters feel like old highschool buddies."

6. Question -  Whats most difficult in the writing process?

6. Answer -  "Keeping track of everyone" "I was confused about who was with Perrin, so I ask Charleston for a file with every one of the two river, whose with them, then send over a file of a complete list of two rivers folk with Perrin, most of whom hadn't even been mentioned, and it had things like they're names, relations, and most of them what they did in the army."

7. Question -  How do you keep sane?

7. Answer -  "Writing compulsively. Actually, I'm not sane, I'm a writer"

8. Question -  How do you keep from being burnt out?

8. Answer -  Brandon said that he switches projects continually. He wrote 13 standalone books before he ever got one published, that being Elantris, his 6th novel, "I write compulsively" that's where Alcatraz came from, he needed a break from Mistborn, and so he stopped for a time and wrote a light YA novel. He would often take a Saturday off in the middle of a project, and write something completely different, something he wasn't necessarily supposed to.

9. Question -  On going into Robert Jordan study:

9. Answer -  "It felt like wondering into davinci's workshop seeing his unfinished work" picking up RJ's notes."

10. Question -   How much writing do you think you'll get done during the Tour?

10. Answer -  I bought a brand new Netbook just yesterday...the goal being to do writing on the plane rides and in the car while the driver is driving me around. How much do I think I'll get done? My goal is to get up to about 90%...I'm not sure if I'll make that...we'll see...get to the 90%. What am I at right now? 70? (pause while he signs a book) Okay, let's not say 90%, I just added that up. Let's say 80%. Thirty thousand words is going to be tough to get. As I was thinking about that, wait a minute, fifty thousand words is a good month on its own, so if on tour I get half that I'm going to be happy.

11. Question -  Which character do you most identify with?

11. Answer -  Brandon said that it depends on when he read the series through. When he first started reading he really was identifying with Rand, simply because they were both teenagers, so he naturally connected with how he felt. Then he started feeling for Perrin, slightly more mature, also because of the similarities in personality. This last time he read through the series for TGS, he most identified with Moraine, and Nyneave, because he, as a father in his 30's, can see the wisdom and guidance that they have to impart, and how better things would be if the boys just did what they were supposed to, unlike when he was younger when he would simply wish that they would stop butting in all the time.

12. Question -  Are you ticked you know the ending? (The fans, Brandon, and all of us Storm Leaders laughed!)

12. Answer -  "I'm excited." Brandon, in having Robert Jordan's notes on the whole series, has even seen the "handwritten note of who killed Asmodean!" [I didn't know Robert Jordan knew my name!] A moment with a somewhat quizzical look on his face, Brandon went on to say that he does feel a "sense of loss that I didn't get to read a new Wheel of Time book last week."

13. Question -  Which character's point of view is your favorite to write?

13. Answer -  "Whoever I'm writing at that moment", they're the most important. With some characters it was easier than others, as "Cadsuane already believes she's the most important." [I think I laughed the loudest at that remark.] He also said that the notes on Egwene were the most extensive and she was a pleasure to write. He also enjoys having more Aviendha viewpoints, as he missed her, and commented that writing Rand is both dramatic and draining.

•    "There are a surprising amount of deaths in the notes, so I get to play headsman"
•   Even Brandon had moments of "Aaaah! I knew it!" He also has had the "wait, really?" moments and often, while going through notes, has said, "Ah, that group is right!" [Referring to groups on the message boards.] He also confided that there is one thing that isn't being discussed on any of the forums yet that will blow our minds when we read it. Yay!
•   Other information that we gleaned from dinner included learning that Aviendha is the favorite out of the three in Rand's "harem."
•   And one last interesting fact, in order to get the Illianer and Taraboner accents right, he wrote the book then went back and did a search for all the characters of those nations and then worked on their crazy accents.
•   the most rewarding part of writing GS for Brandon was working with Harriet.
•   It took 18 months of 14 hour days (although that includes a chunk of Towers of Midnight) to finish the book.
•   The Two Rivers and Andoran charcters were the easiest for him to write, while the Aiel and Seanchan were the hardest.
[свернуть]

Любой пост в этой теме,
содержащий информацию из неопубликованных на форуме глав,

ДОЛЖЕН БЫТЬ СПРЯТАН В ТЭГ [СПОЙЛЕР]!!!

YOUNG AT HEART. Slightly older in other places.

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

metrand

Еще бы кто перевел ;-), а то прячь - не прячь... Незнающим английский язык все равно не поможет

Codex

Спойлер
A: Padan Fain will be seen again.  He's a mixture of two things – Mordeth's power, which he got by seeking out all of the evil things that weren't related to the Shadow, and the Dark One's Hound.  Brandon said that Fain's number one goal is to kill Rand, and a close second is to kill the Dark One.  Now that Shadar Logoth has been destroyed, all of the Mordeth power that remains in the world is in Fain.
[свернуть]
Спойлер
Как вам это нравится? Интересно, какие это злые вещи, не относящиеся к Тёмному? Уж не Аэлфинн/Иэлфинн?
[свернуть]

Zakm

Shaidar_Haran_v.3.0 - редиска :(
Может найдется хороший и добрый человек, который это безобразие переведет с эльфийского на наш, Мордорский? :)
Мне моя брезгливость дорога,           Как молод я был, как летал я во сне,
Мной руководящая давно -               В года эти нету возврата.
Даже чтобы плюнуть во врага,           Какие способности спали во мне,
Я не набираю в рот говно. (С)          Проснулись - и смылись куда-то... (С)

Родривар Тихера

Цитата: zakm от 15 ноября 2009, 13:43Shaidar_Haran_v.3.0 - редиска
Наоборот! Shaidar_Haran_v.3.0 - молодец. Спасибо за эту вкуснотищу!
Цитата: metrand от 15 ноября 2009, 11:17Еще бы кто перевел
ПРОМТ вам в помощь - перевод конечно г-но, но смысл понятен.
П.С. А "вести с полей" крайне любопытны, чувствуется, что в следующей книга нас ждет мнооого интересного!
Спойлер
Фар Мэддингский терангриал не защищает от Истинной Силы (это что, кирдык городишку будет, т.к. защищать его, эффективно, не возможно?).
Голос ЛТТ еще ВОЗМОЖНО услышим в следующей книге (это как, интересно, раз он и Ранд стали одним целым? интересно).
Обещаны какие-то плюшки про Певару и иже с ней (правильно, а то народ уже беспокоиться стал).
Авиенда должна сыграть какую то важную роль ( для Ранда? ддя сюжета? - посмотрим).
Ну, о том, что в следующей книге обещан всеми нежно любимый Падан Фейн все уже и так знают.
И Сандерсон так и не сознался под "пыткой" насчет подноготной Таима, но сказал, что в новой книге будет больше Мэта и Перрина.
[свернуть]

Цитата: Codex от 15 ноября 2009, 11:36
Спойлер
Как вам это нравится? Интересно, какие это злые вещи, не относящиеся к Тёмному? Уж не Аэлфинн/Иэлфинн?
[свернуть]
Спойлер
Нет, тут дело всего лишь в том, что Падан Фейн остался единственным носителем заразы Шадар Логота. А эта пакость ни чуть не лучше Темного.
П.С. в связи с упоминанием в спойлерах Шайдара Харана каких-то непонятных "безумств", применительно к Тарабонцам и Иллианцам, думается - а не будет ли это влиянием на события ПФ. Тем более, что он именно в тех краях ошивался ( вот еще и эта напасть будет у Шончан :laugh:)
[свернуть]

leo

Вот инфа непосредственно про Грендаль)))Взял отсюда  http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=372

Question: There is a character in the book that appears to die on page 574... [Graendal - Terez]
Answer: ~reads page~...there is a woman that actually dies here...(couldn't decipher for certain if this was a statement or a moving question/comment)
Question: Did this character actually die?
Answer: Let's go on record with this, I am not going to say until after Towers of Midnight, but I will...they are looking for a "toast" comment, and I am not going to give the "toast" comment yet. The scene that I'm talking about, there will be things related to it in the next book, so I don't want to say yet. Corner me after Towers of Midnight and I will give you a definitive answer, but Towers of Midnight may in itself give a definitive answer.

было бы здорово,если кто-ндь переведёт дословно!

archiss

Спойлер
По поводу оценки рейда Шончан как успешного: они таки раскрыли секрет Перемещения?
Или захват полсотни новых дамани - это большая победа?
[свернуть]
И подскажите плиз - когда будет следующая книга? А то 12-я закончилась на самом интересном месте, блинн :(

Rand007

Цитата: archiss от 17 ноября 2009, 22:37
И подскажите плиз - когда будет следующая книга? А то 12-я закончилась на самом интересном месте, блинн :(
13 появится где-то через год.

leo

Вот ещё один вопрос-ответ про Грендаль!!!!

Спойлер
3. Question Has Graendal's death in any way acquitted her as a suspect in Asmodean's death?

3. Answer: (short pause) No. (longer pause) For that matter, I'm not saying definitively that she's dead.

[свернуть]

Codex

Спойлер
Цитата: leo от 20 ноября 2009, 16:24
Вот ещё один вопрос-ответ про Грендаль!!!!

3. Question Has Graendal's death in any way acquitted her as a suspect in Asmodean's death?

3. Answer: (short pause) No. (longer pause) For that matter, I'm not saying definitively that she's dead.

[свернуть]
Спойлер
Уж не замаскировала ли она себя под того самого несчастного лорда?
[свернуть]

Родривар Тихера

Спойлер
Цитата: leo от 20 ноября 2009, 16:24Вот ещё один вопрос-ответ про Грендаль!!!!
Далее вы приводите фактически не ответ Сандерсона, а кусок вежливого посылания им нахрен товарищей с "теорилэнда", которые на халяву хотели получить спойлер если не про Грендаль, то про Асмодиана. задавая свои вопросы. Т.е. какой ему вопрос задали, такой он и ответ дал. ;D
Цитата: Codex от 20 ноября 2009, 17:35Уж не замаскировала ли она себя под того самого несчастного лорда?
Самая оригинальная теория, которую я последнее время встречал, при обсуждении последней книги. :D
[свернуть]

Mamajoe

Спойлер
Цитата: Codex от 20 ноября 2009, 17:35Уж не замаскировала ли она себя под того самого несчастного лорда?
Я бы аплодировал ей стоя, если прочитал бы об этом в следующей книге.  :D Но она бы не смогла наложить на себя Принуждение. Хотя ЛТТ бы после такого хода снова покинул пристанище душевного покоя. Насовсем.  :D
[свернуть]

Йеннифер

Таксс вместо того, чтобы переводить свою главу книги я залезла сюда и решила это безобразие попереводить. Только вот я засыпаю, потому может быть несколько грубовато переведено и некрасиво, извиняйте, можете редачить, кому надо. Пока только начало, завтра еще часть, когда время будет.

B: Какой статус фильма по КВ?
О: Юниверсал купил на него права, они в процессе написания сценария. Мария – официальный представитель, она с ними контактирует, чтобы убедиться, что они правильно поймут детали. Брендон достаточно занят, пишет, потому он небыл вовлечен.

В:  Выйдет ли WoT MMORPG [в общем видеоигра]?
О: Права на создание видеоигр по КВ у Red Eagle, и они работают над несколькими.

В: Были ли вы удивлены узнав кто убил Асмодиана?
О: Брендон был фанатом задолго до того, как узнал кто убил Асмодиана. Он сказал, что слышал аргументы за все возможные предположения, включая по-настоящему сумашедшие, как, например, Тэм. Так что, когда он узнал настоящий ответ, он не был шокирован. Его реакция была больше «О, вот эти были правы». Он сказал, что ключи к разгадке там, но он никогда бы не догадался сам.

В: Был ли Таим обращен [на сторону Тени] кругом из тринадцати?
О: RAFO. Я скажу, что он никогда не был очень хорошим парнем.

В: Губитель сделал врата в Фар Мединге, когда пытался убить Ранда и Мин. Значит ли это, что он использует Истинную Силу, чтобы создавать свои врата?
О: Губитель не направляет. Его сила происходит из чего-то другого, чем Источник. На Губителя не действует Страж почти таким же образом, как и на Перрина.

Спойлер
Изменения в характере Мэта, которые многие из нас заметили в ГБ, были преднамеренными. Он реагирует на женитьбу,  которая, как он думал, была последним, что может с ним приключится.  В записях РД конкретно сказано, что «Мэт отказывается вести себя так, как подобает мужу », и  он делает это, пытаясь вернуться к тому, каким он был  в  ВД. К этому относится глупость легенд для прикрытия [ я так понимаю тут он говорит о тех легендах которые Мэт придумал Талманесу и другим :D]  - он понимает, что он был менее серьезен и более шутником в тот период, но на самом деле не может вернутся к тому, каким он был.

Когда он [БС] писал про Талманеса, Мария отметила, что Талманес обычно не насмехался над Мэтом в предыдущих книгах. Брендон ответил, что он всегда именно так видел Талманеса, и он считает смешным в этом случае то, что Мэт не понимает, что его дразнят.

В: Считают ли шончан рейд на Белую Башню удачным?
О: Да, они считают его удачным,  но разочарованы, что так и не заполучили супероружие Айс Седай.

В: Будет ли спасена Морейн в следующей книге?
О: Вы предполагаете, что Морейн будет спасена.

В: Будет ли попытка спасти Морейн в следующей книге?
О: Вы предполагаете, что Том и Мэт попытаются спасти Морейн. (Я Вам говорю, он такой же скверный, как и Айс Седай)

В: На чем будет сосредоточена следующая книга?
О: Эта книга должна была быть сосредоточена на Эгвейн и Ранде, и продвинуть ихние истории. Так же был хороший контраст между их линиями в книге, Эгвейн пошла вверх, Ранд вниз. Следующая книга будет более широкого диапазона – мы должны узнать, что происходит с множеством разных частей истории.  Будет намного больше Мэта и Перрина, чем в этой. Пожалуй, вы можете сказать, что если будет попытка спасения Морейн, логично, что в книге буде много Мэта.

В: Увидим ли мы, что происходит в Черной Башне?
О: Посмотрим, подойдет это, или нет.

В: Будет ли Фейн в следующей книге?
О: Мы увидим Падана Фейна опять. Он смесь двух вещей – первое, сила Мордета, которую он получил изыскав все злые вещи неимующие отношения к Тени, второе, Гончая Темного. Брендон сказал, что первая цель Фейна – убить Ранда, вторая – убить Темного. Теперь, когда Шадар Логот уничтожен, вся сила Мордета которая существует в мире сосредоточилась в Фейне.

В: Уже достаточно ясно, что Моридин и Ранд связаны из-за случая с погибельным огнем. В связи с тем, что Ранд использовал саидин, чтобы создать погибельный огонь, и сейчас ему становится плохо когда он направляет саидин, значит ли это, что Моридину становится плохо когда он пытается использовать Истинну Силу?
О: Вы предполагаете, что болезнь Ранда при попытке направлять происходит от пересечения потоков.

В: После того, как Ранд направлял Истинную Силу, появилась темная туча вокруг него. Когда он после этого  встречается с Туон, она ухитряется сопротивляться притяжению та'верена. Не потому ли это, что Истинная Сила уменьшила его та'веренские «чары»?
О: Причина того, что она ухитряется оказать сопротивление только в том, что у нее огромная сила воли. Ранд такой же та'верен, как и всегда.

В: Как насчет испортившейся еды в Бандар Эбане? Было ли это вызвано тем, что возле Ранда находится эта тауча зла?
О: Мы слышали раньше в книге, что земля едина с Драконом, а он  - един с землею. Это старая поговорка - многие королевства верили, что благополучие страны напрямую зависило от благополучия короля. В КВ это следует понимать вполне буквально.

В: В Фалме мы видели, как Ранд сражался с Ишамаелем, и сражение с шончан было как-бы отражением течения их поединка. Значит ли это, что в Шончанской империи есть что-то злое от природы?
О: Никто в КВ не злой от природы, кроме отродей Тьмы. В то время шончан возглавлял Друг Темного.

В: Был ли Domination Band (не помню как у нас переводят на русский, но имеется ввиду мужской ай'дам) сделан из квендийяра?
О: Оригинал сделан из квендийяра. Тот, который был уничтожен был копией, но можно предположить, что были сделаны копии и с квендийяра. Истинная сила действует путем уничтожения Узора. Все, что совершается с ее помощью приводит  к повреждению Узора. Например, когда Ишамаель Перемещается, то он делает это протыкая дыру в Узоре. Квендийяр может быть уничтожен с помощью Истинной Силы. Есть и другой способ уничтожить квендийяр.

В: Месана все еще в Белой Башне?
О: В конце книги Эгвей делает кое-какие выводы по этому поводу. Эгвейн не ошибается.

В: Она может поклясться на Клятвенном Жезле, что она не Друг Темного, правда?
О: Покуда она верит, что это правда. Каждая пребывающая в ББ Айз Седай повторно приняла три клятвы. Вы должны подумать о возможностях обойти Клятвенный Жезл.  Есть способ это сделать.

В: На собрание Друзей Тьмы, Ишамаель отдает приказы Карридину, которые тот не помнит. Позже, в Эбу Дар, он видит Мэта из окна и как-бы впадает в транс, видит образы, когда выходит из него, время остановливается и в комнате находится Саммаэль. Как это произошло? Был ли Саммаэль каким-то образом уведомлен, о том, что приказы запущены в действие?
О: MAFO – Maria and find out. Это значит, он ответит на вопрос, но он хочет сначала уточнить у Марии, чтобы убедиться в том, что вточности помнит детали.

В: После того, как Морейн использует погибельный огонь на Гончих Тьмы в ВД, она говорит, что-то насчет того, что стала более опасной сейчас, чем тогда, когда встретила Перрина в Эмондовом Лугу. Каким образом она стала более опасной?
О: Есть несколько вариантов, что она имееет ввиду. Подумайте вот о чем - когда она прибыла в Эмондов Луг она думала, что Ранд - Дракон, сейчас, она знает, что он Дракон. Это само по себе, совместно с фактом, что она Голубая, делает ее намного более опасной.
[свернуть]

ЦитироватьИ еще подборка вопросов-ответов со встреч с читателями, разделенных по темам:

Спойлер

Метафизика колеса

1. Вопрос: Победит ли Единый Источник Истинную Силу?
1. Ответ:  Ладно. Моя интуиция подсказывает, да. Моя интуиция подсказывает да, но это не следует из записей. Если бы я писал об этом, я должен был бы поехать в Чарльстон и заглянуть в записи, но из того, что я читал я бы сказал - да. Но это не канон потому, что я точно не помню, понимаете? Я скажу вам, канон ли это, или нет, но в этом случае, это мой инстинкт.

2. В: Были ли у кого-то такие же способности, как у Мин? Знаете ли Вы чем они вызваны, или, как эта спобоность работает?
2. О: Способность работает довольно ясно, она видит мерцания Узора. Она видит то, что сплетено в будущем и это то, как в большинстве случаев работает дар Предсказания. На самом деле, он был довольно точен в своих записях об этом. Однако, среди Предсказательнец есть точные, тоесть те, которые видят Узор, а есть те, которые видят каким Узор может быть. Мин видит Узор, таким, каким он будет. Были ли у кого-то еще такие способности? Да, из того, что я читал нельзя сказать однозначно, но подразумевается, что эта способность может существовать опять и существовала раньше, но нету никаких списков тех, кто  обладал ею до этого. Это несомненно предполагает, что кто-то мог иметь этот дар и раньше, но, в действительности, он прямо об этом не говорит.

• Брендон так же объясил, что Истинную Силу может использовать только тот, кому разрешил ВПТ.
  • Истинная Сила пожалуй более сильная чем Едная Сила в том плане, что человек направляющий ее, более сильный чем тот, который не направляет. Но именно в тот момент когда человек ее удержаивает, в более длительный период возможно нет.
  • В дальнейших объяснениях он сказал, что Страж в Фар Меддинге не может остановить Истинную Силу.

Персонажи:

1. В: Насколько исчерпывающие записи РД об ЛТТ?
2. О: Его записи про ЛТТ, я бы сказал средне исчерпывающие, сравнительно с другими вещами о которых он оставил заметки. Меньше чем одни, больше чем другие. Они были достаточно исчерпывающие, чтобы я знал вещи, которых не знаете вы, и чтобы меня взволновать, но не настолько обширные, чтобы вы когда-то увидели книгу об ЛТТ, или что-то в этом роде.

1. В:
[/list]

[свернуть]

Zakm

Йеннифер, большое спасибо.
Ты - хороший человек, не редиска, как многие другие! :)
Мне моя брезгливость дорога,           Как молод я был, как летал я во сне,
Мной руководящая давно -               В года эти нету возврата.
Даже чтобы плюнуть во врага,           Какие способности спали во мне,
Я не набираю в рот говно. (С)          Проснулись - и смылись куда-то... (С)

Shaidar_Haran_v.3.0

[off-topic]
Цитата: zakm от 25 ноября 2009, 19:51
Йеннифер, большое спасибо.
Ты - хороший человек, не редиска, как многие другие! :)
Судя по аватарке, ты сам - вообще баклажан, слегка еще и протухший.  :P
Следующий спойлер вообще на фарси опубликую.
Не зли, короче
[свернуть]
[/off-topic]
YOUNG AT HEART. Slightly older in other places.

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.